Thursday, September 22, 2011

Got my ducks in a row...

I really hate that saying. That goes along with "Dont put all your eggs in one basket." Who the eff came up with these lame analagies to explain lifes daily problems? Probably someone with a penis...That's my guess lol

Ok but really. I haven't written much lately. I can give you a shitload of legit, but lame reasons. But lazy is the main one. I had my follow up appoint with my doc to review my blood work and bone density test I had.

My A1C (ask Dr Google if you don't know what this is) was 9.3%, it needs to be 7 or lower.
My overall cholesterol was good but my bad cholesterol was slightly elevated.
No rheumatoid arthritis, just the regular kind and inflammation in my joints.
Thyroid looks good.
Fasting sugar was bad at 150 and it should be around 100.
So basically, I'm fat cuz I ate too much (big surprise), my bones are older then they should be and Im not dying as previously thought.

So I am now taking Beyaz (birth control) that obviously controls...Well, birth AND it also help with my PMDD (crazy bitch syndrome)

NSAID anit-inflammatory to help with the pain in my joints

850mg of Metformin 2x daily for my diabetes and...

Cymbalta to help with anxiety

I turned 30 and as a welcome gift I got a cabinet filled with drugs. Sweet.

The metformin should help me lose weight now while help to control my blood sugars so that's great because I've been gaining and losing the same 5lbs for 12 long ass weeks. I'm tired. The meds make me a bit drowsy but I look forward to feeling and seeing the results. So I'm ok.

Life is ok. We are just trying to keep our heads above water. I just turned 30 (eeeeeeeek!) and we are about to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary and our baby boy turns 3 in 2 weeks. Life's scary.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to get to the doctor and get the meds you needed!

    ReplyDelete