- I have uncontrolled Type 2 diabetes
- I have varicose and spider veins due to my weight
- I cant run for more then 10-15 seconds without a lung collapsing
- There are seats/rides/spaces I simply cannot fit into
- I had a heart murmur repaired at age 3
- I have diminishing cartilage in my joints
- I don't know for sure, but Id say I have the start of arthritis and osteoarthritis
The sad and very real fact is this: If I do not lose weight now, I will not live a long life. The life I will live will be a very painful one with joint pain, back pain, knee pain, depression, a cabinet full of medications and a life of solitude. That's not what I signed up for.
Yes, I am losing weight for myself. But it also benefit others.
- I will be around for my husband to grow old with
- My son will never know what its like to be grossly out of shape and fat his entire life
- He also wont know the shame of having an overweight parent too embarrassed to do anything with him in public
- Physical fitness and activity will always be apart of our lives
- I will see my children grow and hopefully have their own children
- Maybe one day I can help someone else find the strength inside to get healthy
I think a lot of time most people don't understand how momentous and huge this is for me. For the first time in my life I have taken control of my life. Losing weight has not only made me feel better but it also has given me new perspective on many things in my life. People of normal weight, that have never have food issues, weight issues, health issues...They just cant understand. A fat persons relationship with food is as toxic as a drug addicts relationship with drugs. We need it, think about it, crave it. It's something Im still working on, and I know that I always will no matter what my weight is.
But for now Do or Die people. Get out there and do it.