Friday, June 24, 2011

The power of being fat...

The power of being fat. 

Fat. That's what it is. Does that offend you? Ok..Overweight. I rather fat myself. How many words are there to describe a person with excessive fat?

Big-Boned
Big
Large
Obese
Heavy
Tubby
Fluffy

Please, it's fat. Fatty Fat Fat. Whether you've been fat all your life or you had a baby or 2 (or 3 or 4), or you "let yourself go", maybe you had a rough patch in life and you ate your way through it. Whatever that reason may be, you are who you are. Sure, there are days I don't like my body. I don't like my huge ass (it's true, ask my family, I have my great-grandma's butt) or my small breasts. I HATE this stupid unsymmetrical roll on my back. There's always things you aren't going to like about your body. But for all those things, I bet I have twice as many I love about me. I love my long eyelashes and my curly hair. I love my toes and the deep dimples in my cheeks. Most of all, I love the way my husband thinks I'm incredibly sexy. What I'm saying is this: If you don't love yourself today, at 262 pounds and a size 22, with every stretch mark and cellulite bumps, you aren't going to love yourself at 150 pounds or a at a size 5. We have to love ourselves now! Ask yourself this; Why am I fat? 

My name is Lea Williams (this is when you all say "Hi Lea!"). I'm fat because as a child I was sedentary. We ate a lot of fried foods, junk foods and carbs. Growing up, I didn't know any better. And as an adult I have struggled to change those set in habits. 

Why do you want to lose weight?
I don't want to die at a young age. I want to run with my child and be active. I don't want to get out of breath anymore from walking up 5 steps. I don't want to ever feel the embarrassment of not being able to fit in an airplane seat or stadium seat every again. I want to feel good and not be weighed down anymore. Looking better is just a bonus.

You can do this. I can do this. Don't say there's no time. Don't say you cant. Don't say I don't know how. Don't wake up day after day and hate the body you're in or hate the way you feel. Only you can be the change you want in life. 

Like I always say...

Do or die people...




1 comment:

  1. Love it! I've said it before, but your attitude is amazing and so inspirational! You inspire me to own this post-partum body and work it!

    ReplyDelete