Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Well, I didn't die as expected....Yet anyways...

So, last night my bff Bur came over to hang out. She's going to be with me during my "defatassness", doing her own thing too. I borrowed my moms 20th Anniversary set of Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies". I for one, LOVE these DVD's. Partly because it's what my mom did back in the day and I remember doing it with her, and also because it's really fun and any size person can do it without having a stroke.

So I get the genius idea to do a little mini workout. Refresh my memory AND Bur has never seen it. So, win-win right? There was nothing "little" about this workout might I add. Here's what I learned last night:

  1. Not only am I fat, I'm grossly out of shape.
  2. I think I ruptured my spleen.
  3. Sweatin' to the Oldies involves a lot of sweat.
  4. We did a LOT more then I thought we could!
  5. 3 years ago I could run almost a mile (thats a lot for a fatty people), not so much today...YET
I'm glad we did though. I was a LOT of fun, just like I remembered. This will be our work-out 3 times a week.
Good choice? I think so.


4 comments:

  1. Dude... cut out soda and fast food... It hurts at first, but it makes SUCH a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Funny you should say that because I don't drink so (diet if I do) and I never eat fast food lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea, I could have written the part about being SO out of shape. I wasn't before Ruby and I don't know what's come over me. Don't mind me if I follow behind you each step of the way too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, hon! It helps to have a workout that entertains you :).

    ReplyDelete