Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Today is the first day of the rest of my life...

...and yours too.


It comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it? 


I want to LIVE. I am willing to do whatever it takes to achieve this. Failure is not an option.


Today I start the first day of my new eating regimen. I went shopping yesterday and got all the tools I need to succeed. I'm really excited about this because I know now with these good options I have I can do this. I've never been more determined in my life to do something. I've never followed through with something important. But this is it. Do or die. 


No matter what it is in your life, you can do it. Anything you put your mind to. The single mom CAN work full time and go to college to better her and her child's life. If you're in a bad relationship and you need to get out, you CAN. You just have to decide you're better then that. If you're not happy with your life, only YOU can change it's course. You alone control your destiny. Don't sit around and complain about it...CHANGE IT. That is my biggest pet peeve! People who complain about how shitty this is or how crappy that is. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Don't waste your life being miserable! You're wasting your precious life. We only get one change, there's no do overs. Make it good so when you die one day, you know you'll have done something in this world. We all have our purpose, whether you believe in a greater power or not. Give meaning to your life, fuck what anyone else thinks.


And don't say you cant. If you think you can, you will. Before I met my amazing husband Barry, I was in a very dark place. Newly divorced AND out of an abusive relationship, I truly believed life wasn't worth the breaths I took, and I could and would never love a man again, much less myself. I was on a very self destructive path, until I woke up one morning and decided I had had enough. I was too young to be giving up on what life had to offer me. Then I met my soul mate, my inspiration for wanting to be a better human being. So those who say you stay for the kids, or don't feel like you can leave, or have been trying for YEARS and its not working...It's time to rethink your life. You CAN be happy. I am blessed beyond words and I know it. I try to never take a day with that man for granted. I was told I may never have children...Tell that to my 2 1/2 year old miracle. All things happen for a reason, and I believe fate brought us together. Don't call me lucky either...Because LUCK had NOTHING to do with my happiness. I bust my ass to get where I am. Life isn't easy and sometimes it just sucks. But its how you get through those hard times is what matter people. Today, I love my life and I want to really live it. Now go live yours.


Do or Die...Words to live by...Truth.

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely written. I seen a quote one day and I fell in love with it.

    "YOU must be the change YOU wish to see in the world"

    I will be your cheerleader if you will be mine.

    ReplyDelete