Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gearing up for the big start

It's high time I get back on track. It's been 3 years since I quit eating right and working out. Right before I got preggo with my Taaj. Not that he's to blame but..Ya know. (Kidding...maybe) Pregnancy made me lazy..and fatter. Boo. The day I found out I was expecting I was 280. I gained a whopping 50 pounds during the next 8 months. Oh my. Thankfully today, I'm right back there at 280. Still WAY too much but way better then the 330 I was 6 years ago. (yikes, I've always been hush hush about my weight, but there it is, please don't run!)

I could blame my weight on the lack of a father figure, emotional issues or some other psycho babble bullshit, but honestly, I like to eat. My family loves to eat. I grew up in a Puerto Rican household filled with deep fried pork, rice and beans (like every f*cking day!), coca cola and a slew of other heart clogging foods. We ate when we were happy, when we were sad, to celebrate a special day, to say I love you, to say I hate you even! We just ate...A LOT. At the tender age of 4, in 1985 I had heart surgery to correct a heart murmur. I steadily gained weight from that moment on, thought I didn't know I was fat until I was 6 1/2 in 1988 when we moved to Florida and I started getting picked on.

We weren't a very active bunch either. My mom was (is) over protective, so I didn't play much outdoors. I did, however, have Nintendo, the original, from the 90's (now I'm showing my age), barbies and legos...which I played with, a lot. I also didn't have chores. <sigh> Sounds good right? Not so much. I became a lazy, entitled little bitch whom just got fatter and fatter and FATTER. 


So, now here I am. 29 1/2. In terrible shape, with uncontrolled diabetes that's kicking my ass with all crap it brings with it and truly scared that I won't see my children grow up. It's do or die time. Quite literally. Time to stop fiddle fartin' around and do it, once and for all. Either that, or I'll be taking a permanent nap before I'm ready to. I started this blog to help me help myself succeed and maybe help some other fatty lose it too.

7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Can't wait for the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Lea! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you go mama! I'm excited to cheer you on through this process!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO HOO!!! I am soooo excited for you!!! You can do this, Lea!! You're super motivated thus far...keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to support you and follow your progress Lea! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right there with you chickie, we'll do this together, even though we're this far away..we're determined enough to do it! Love you and I'm SO SO SO proud of you for making this choice!

    ReplyDelete